Monday, December 6, 2010

Practice the WORD


Practice the WORD - God's Promises
One day as I was studying, I began to write down and pray the word of God. I wanted to remind myself of what God's WORD promises us and the best way to do that is to practice it. Meaning we need to recite it over and over again to ourselves and then think on it and finally act on it. Here are some of the scriptures that I study. I wrote down a few points that I prayed after reading the scripture, I hope they help you as well.


You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.’” 18 Jehoshaphat bowed down with his face to the ground, and all the people of Judah and Jerusalem fell down in worship before the LORD. – 2 Chronicles 20:17-18

God will fight my battle. - Therefore I do not have to try and figure everything out by myself.

I must stand firm where God places me. - I have to be patient for God's timing and move as he instructs.

God will deliver me. - Therefore, I do not have to fear anything that comes against me because there is no weapon that will prosper.

I do not have to be afraid or discouraged. - Therefore, I can continue to have hope regardless of what my situations or circumstances look like.

The Lord will be with me whatever I have to face each morning. - God promises we a full supply of new mercies every day. Therefore, I will make it through my day.

Worshiping the Lord for his promises is done before the promise if fulfilled. - I can began to be grateful before I receive because I know God will fulfill all that I need.



Prayer: Lord today I thank you for fighting my battles and for delivering me from all and any difficulties I might face. I thank you that I do not have to be discouraged because you are a faithful God and you always keep your promises. I will thank you even now because I know that my answer is there, I am simply standing still and waiting for you to reveal it. Help me to stay where you have placed me. Amen.



7 Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. 8 From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. - Psalm 3:7-8 (New International Version)

God will deliver me when I ask. - God will answer my call for help.

God will defend me from my enemies. - God will not allow my enemies to defeat me.

Deliverance comes only from God. - God is the only one that can save me from my situations or difficulties.

Prayer: Lord I thank you for answering me call for help. No weapons that are aimed to destroy me or stop me will be successful against me because you are my God. You will deliver me from any problems as only you can. Lord help me not to run away from you in times of need, but help me to run quickly towards you for you are the only source of help. Amen.


6 Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them. 7 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. - Psalm 32:6-8 (New International Version)

I should pray for my help. - Seeking God should be the first thing I do when difficulties arise.

God is my hiding place.- When I seek God, He becomes my place of safety away from all that would try to pull me down.

God will protect me from trouble. - God keeps me from the troubles that would try to take my joy and peace.

He will surround me with songs that remind me of his deliverance. - His Spirit will help me to continue to walk in victory as I think on the right things.

God will instruct me. - The Lord will lead me, if I listen.

God will teach me how I should go. - He gives me His Word to guide me, if I will apply it.

God will keep his loving eyes on me as he guides me. - God never leaves me to walk this way alone.

Prayer: Lord help me to always seek you first in all things. When I come to you first, you will provide me with a safe place, a place that keeps my from being overcome by my problems. You will teach me and guild we lovingly through this journey. You will even give me encouragement in the things around me, such as a song. Help me to so that I can stay focused on you and your goodness. Amen.


(Come back next week for the final installment)

No comments: