Ezekiel 11:19 “And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:”
There are many women looking for dreams to be fulfilled. What happens then, when those dreams aren’t coming true? How do women handle it? What are the things we are searching for but because they have not been fulfilled we are faced with sorrow and are looking for the solace or comfort to our disappointments. What happens is many women become disillusioned and they begin to harden their hearts so that the pain will not be so hard. They begin to build walls around their hearts. What can remove those “walls” we have that keep us from reaching fulfillment to our dreams? Do you see yourself? And if so, what steps can you take to break down the wall?
What is preventing you from moving forward? What things may be causing a blockage for growth in you?
* The Lord doesn’t seem to be answering our prayers in our time frame. So instead of thinking it maybe because he has some work to do in us first, we believe he is not listening, so we get stuck where we are.
* What wounds have your received from life? - Did you feel like a blessing or a burden to your parents? Did you feel like a delight or were you wounded by physical or verbal abuse? These things can be a blockage from keeping us moving forward because we cannot see past these things in our life.
* What lies have you accepted? – You are not important. You have to earn your love. You are only worth love if you do everything right. Something is wrong with you. This lies we accept as true come from many areas in our life and until we place them before God, we cannot grow and move forward.
* What judgments have you made? – Have you made a judgment based on your anger or hurt and have allowed that to grow and fester in you? How can it hinder you? It keeps you from seeing clearly the truth and what happens is you begin to react from that area. You become caught in that area.
* What walls have you built? – Walls are built to protect, but they keep out everything, good or bad. What might be a wall that you have built inside of you that is hindering you from growing? Expose what is behind it and watch the healing come forth.
* What inner vows have you made? – We make vows based on past hurts and our resolve to keep it from happening again. We make vows such as, I’ve trusted before and I was hurt, so I won’t trust again. What vows have you made that are to protect you from hurt or rejection? These vows even though they seem good, are really walls that we have placed around our hearts that need God to remove them so that we can have a new heart.
* What unconscious messages do you send? – These messages are what we have recorded based on our hurts and our experience and we play these out as if they are a taped message on a recorder. Messages of you’ll reject me, everyone else does. You begin to live out this message, again and again. What messages do you send? This may take prayer and seeking God to truly show you what are your secret messages.
How do you get rid of those things listed above as they apply to you?
* We begin by being HONEST with ourselves and bringing everything to God for he knows what’s on the heart of all men. – Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: Psalm 139:23
* We CONFESS and SEEK God’s direction on what is inside. - Confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. James 5:16
* We begin to pray to receive the Love of God. God’s love is the healing balm we need to apply to all of our situations and conditions. – There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:8
* Pray for the lies that we have accepted as truth to be slain on the cross and for Christ’s freedom. - And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32
* Pray for repentance of any condemning judgments you made. You also must forgive those that have hurt you even if they are no longer living, because you are carrying that burden within yourself. – Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Luke 6:37
* Pray to God for the strength to let go of practiced expectations or behavior. – Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
* Pray for the walls to be torn down. Those walls that keep us from receiving and getting what’s on the other side. This will not happen in ourselves, only the power of God can remove that which hinders us. This may take some time of meditation on our parts so that we can “go around” and understand what the walls are. – By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days. Hebrews 11:30
* Pray for authority over the inner vows taken. As long as those vows are allowed to rule, you will not have a life according to God. – For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son man. John 5:26-27
* Pray for the old messages that misdirected the heart and blocked God’s plan to be removed. It is then when you can walk in the newness and the freedom of God. – But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Sprit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Corinthians 3:14-17
* Walk in the prayers we have prayed. We begin to have hope in those things even though they have not come to be yet. – Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen…For he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:1, 6b
TO DO: Let us begin the process to receive God’s complete healing of ourselves so that we have nothing that hinders us from walking in the abundant life Christ has for us.