Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Week in Review



Are you a Coat Maker (part 6)?

South Suburban Church of God
May 17, 2009


The Coat Maker


The coat maker, I stood and watched one day,
He looked as if his hands were positioned to pray.

He spoke out loud and said, I wondered how much fabric it would take,
If red ones, blue ones and yellow coats I would make?

Oh the benefit I can receive from my gifted hands this day,
But then he said, what about those that cannot pay?

So he decided to make some to protect from the wind,
I will not charge, he said but quietly to others he would send.

He made some bright and colorful to add to ones cheer,
I could see it chasing away depression and all fear.

Some he made warm and soft against bruised skin,
The touch of gentleness stopping hurts from coming again.

With each coat given, another stood waiting to receive,
Oh how many are in need, I could not even believe.

The coat maker forgot about the benefit he would receive that day,
He spoke out, surely when I was in need, neither could I pay.

That day he gave freely to the task of making coats for others,
Each representing his sisters and brothers.

I learned that day, that silver and gold would never replace,
The joy received by the coat maker as he was filled with God’s grace.

No comments: