Monday, July 6, 2009

Words of Encouragement


The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me. I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity. Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight. With the merciful thou wilt show thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt show thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt show thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt show thyself froward. For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks. For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. Psalm 18:20-30

As believers in Christ, we have some days were we feel low in our spirits or we are feeling defeated. And there are times when we feel our situations are getting the best of us or that we just can't go on. There are times when the enemy is beating you up and you really feel like you are going to lose this battle. That's the time when God's word is there to encourage us and to give us the strength that we need to keep going.

This scripture reminds me that yes, even as I continue to do all that God would have me to do, that I can still feel burdened. But since I am being obedient to God, He will uphold me. God will care for the afflictions of His people. God will light your candle, so that your darkness will be illuminated.

Think about coming into a dark room. You can't see anything, and you don't know where to go, to keep from getting hurt by running into furniture or obstacles in the path. When you turn on the light, or light a candle, you are able to see better the situation before you. That's how God is to His people. He will guide you and He will never leave you alone. He will help you to see clearly what's ahead of you, so that you can side step the pitfalls.

So how do we take advantage of these promises? We have to do as the Psalmist said, we must make sure that we are keeping God's ways. We must not depart from Him to do wickedness. We have the assurance that God's word is tried, it is true. His world will never end, and it will never let us down. He is more than able to handle whatever the situation is.

Family situations, work situations, physical situations. What ever you are facing, God is able to keep you and bring you through the situation. Just as He brought the Psalmist through the troop, He can bring you through the battle. And He can bring you over the wall to safety.

So I'm praying today for our encouragement, joy and peace in the Lord.

1 comment: