Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Week in Review

Where He Goes I’ll Follow




I said to the Lord “This road I do not know
Where does it lead, where will it go?”
Can its destiny to me you please show.


And in his voice of wisdom he spoke,
“Do not fear,
be ye of good cheer.

I will never leave you alone.
The way to you will be shown.”


I asked him then,
“The way I am to go, you will tell me when?”


This is frightening, I must admit.
“Answer please my King”, my prayer I submit.


And answer he did.
He said, “Do not fear,
be ye of good cheer.

I am the way, the truth and the light.
I will show you what is right.


I will light your path. Now look down my child”
I looked down,
A set of footprints were before me on the ground

This way I had not walked before,
From the Savior an answer I employed,


“Whose footprints are these?”
This promise he gave to me
“Those are my footprints you see


Place one foot into mine
And you’ll be in line
to follow me.


Do not venture to the left or the right,
Walk with me in your sight.”

So go, for I am sending you.
You have my power to see you through.



You have my strength and you I will protect.
My will never neglect.


I am sending you, be of good cheer
Your way I will make clear


As I placed my first foot into his print
he said,
“Remember my child, you I will not leave
so to me you must cleave.


So Go!
For you are not alone.”



Written by Jewel D. Williams
In dedication to Rev. Al and Rev. Arnetta Ivy

No comments: