Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Week in Review

The Road Trip

Written by Jewel D. Williams
11/20/2005

I started on a trip today yet the end seemed so far away.
I wasn't sure what to pack or how long I was going to stay.

I wasn't sure what I would face as I traveled this road.
Would I have a smooth ride or would I carry a have load.

As I traveled on my way,
I met a man that day.

He asked me if he could travel by my side,
I thought to myself, why yes come along for the ride.

He then made a peculiar request of me.
He said, "Let me drive and you experience all the beauty you can see."

Out of the driver’s seat I came and with new purpose I quickly moved,
He took the wheel and gave me a look that said he approved.

On the road we went, this new friend and I.
And in my heart I felt like I had wings to fly.

It didn't matter any more what lay ahead.
My new friend would help me, he said.

So I put my complete trust in him today
And all my fears were put away.

I started on a road trip today.
The end didn't seem so far away,
Because on this trip I knew, I was going to stay.

No comments: