Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week in Review

Thankful


I thought, how can words of thanksgiving on him I bestow?
I thought about all the wonderful blessings I know.

I could show my thankfulness by listing all the good from my life
But even the unsaved can be thankful for times when there is lack of strife

As God’s child how am I different from the world in which I live?
How do I to the Mighty King, true thanksgiving give?

Then I dropped to my knees and to God I began to pray.
Thank you for my foot that won’t bear my weight when I wake to the new day.
Because it reminds me I can lean on you to carry me all the way.

I’m thankful for my times of lack and when I was unable to see its end,
Because you showed me you are faithful and on you I can depend.

I thank you for the child I loved within my heart but life I was never able to give,
I better understood how you willingly grieved your son’s life so I could live.

I’m thankful for broken promises, lost relationships and lost dreams,
You showed me that you would never leave me nor forsake me no matter how it seems.

I’m even thankful for the sickness, the pain and the aches,
You showed me you are my strength in those times when my spirit would break.

To be thankful for the good is quite easy you see,
I must be thankful for all things to become what God wants me to be.

Why am I thankful you might inquire?
To please him is my greatest desire.

Be thankful no matter what life situation you are in,
For with Jesus in all things and through all things you can win.

For both my good and my bad I can say thank you,
Simply because the love of God is so true.


Written By,
Jewel D. Williams
11/20/2005

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and encouraging!