Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Week in Review

A Time of Worship


As I was praying and worshipping God in the early hours one Saturday morning, I thought about something. How often do we stop to just remind ourselves of some of the characteristic and the attributes of God? Let me tell you about a few, that I thought about.

He is the Alpha and the Omega. - The beginning and the end of my life.


He is a lamp to my feet. He is a Light unto my path. - I don’t have to stumble in this life, because God has given His light.


He is Jehovah. – He is my provider.


He is the Word. - It will stand the test of time.


He is grace and mercy - but He is also judgment.


He is forgiveness - but He is also correction.


He is love - and through it, I find true sacrifice.


He is joy -  He is peace and in Him, I can stand.


He is holy -  and he wants a people to follow his exact purpose.


He has all power and He is all knowing, so I can trust and follow Him, even if I don’t know where it’s leading.


I think about just a few of the wonders of this great God, I ask the question? How can a great God like this want me? And then I am comforted with this from Luke 4:18-19:

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

It is God who has called me, it is God’s anointing that is upon me helping me to do His will, it is God’s power that will send me whenever, wherever, and to whomever he pleases. And it is God’s power that will keep me, even when my path is unsure to me. And with this promise, I can lay down all that I have held close, and follow Him. I leave this question with you to think about, what do you love more, your life, your comfort’s, those things you hold dear or God’s will? So say yes to God’s will, even if it means walking away from what you love and hold dear.

No comments: