Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Week in Review



Theme: Women charged by the Spirit
Preached Metropolitan Church of God
Detroit, MI, 2007


This is the final piece of the message:


If you Love Me
I knelt to pray today and to tell God of my love.
When I finished, God’s voice spoke to me from above.
Yes my Lord, here I am, allow me to see.
You are not finished, is his words to me.
But Lord, I exclaimed in despair,
I have asked for all, so what more is there?
Where is the evidence that you love me today?
Your sister with the small child, for her, did you pray?
Have you prayed for me to watch over her day?
Have you prayed that I direct her way?
I bowed my head, No Lord.
Have you offered her a meal, she’s too tired to cook her own?
Have you encouraged her, she’s feeling overwhelmed and alone?
Have you prayed for the woman whose marriage is in an uproar?
Have you prayed because she is ready to give up and say No More?
I bowed my head, No Lord.
Have you shared your life with the sister who feels she’s not known
Have you hugged and prayed with her, so love is shown?
God asked me, how do you prove your love for my way?
I began to weep over how much I had wandered away.
I bowed my head, I could only answer, No Lord.
I repented of my sins, when I returned to my knees.
My position, Lord I will no longer leave.
Forgive me for not encouraging and equipping others,
I replace my armor and stand in the battle next to my sisters and my brothers.
I will not pass my armor to another, I take my place in the army of the most-high God.
So as I rose to my feet I said,God I love you, but now I go to the battle to show you.

No comments: