Friday, May 16, 2008

Graduation Day - Picture Gallery







This was in the chapel during the awards ceremony. The stained glass windows were beautiful.













This is the president of Mid America Christian University (MACU), President Fozard.















I was surprised by my instructor with an award. MACU presented me with Outstanding Student of the Year for Christian Ministries. This is an award that is given to a student based on the professors and instructors. Some of the kind words spoken were:

Shows passion for her work assignments...constantly thinking of ways to connect her current learning with the practice of ministry. Always prepared...Excellent work...appropriate and stimulating interaction online...an encourager of others. Excellent work...studious and punctual with assignments. Exhibits mature leadership in her interaction with other students.



This was an honor for me. It was also a reminder to me of this weeks lesson. When I looked at myself, I could not see a college graduate. I thought I was dumb. Yet, when I allowed myself to begin to see God's vision for me, he began to lift me from the ground and those things that were holding me down. I was able to take off and begin to soar. I'm not stopping!! I don't plan on landing. I believe I can go as far as he will allow me. I begin in August at Liberty University for my M. Div with a concentration in Pastoral Counseling. After that, whatever the Lord shows me.









Jewel D. Williams, the Graduate!! Isn't God wonderful to his children? It is a blessing to see what God can do, when we let him.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Baby -- I love you and what God is doing in your life. James