Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Words of Encouragement

Picture taken by James S. Williams. When you look at the fields or flower gardens, they may not look like this now, but given time and care, they will flourish to look like this. Isn't that what God does for us? He gives us what we need so we can grow and flourish.


Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant. - Psalm 25:8-10


Humble Yourself. To Learn of God's way. One thing that I find interesting about scripture is when it first starts with giving God honor before it talks about man and his ways. I believe the writers of the scripture is trying to tell us an important point, that God should always be first in whatever we say or do.

This is important for us to understand, especially when we try to understand what it means to be humble. The prideful places themselves first. I have heard someone say, I did this, or I achieved that and no one helped me. The prideful take all the credit. However, the humble understand that everything they achieve, have and will ever have, comes because of the graciousness of God.


The psalmist writes that God is good and upright and because of it, he will teach sinners his ways. He will guide the humble and teach us his ways. What a reason to rejoice, God will teach us and guide us. He will do this so that we can be obedient to him and understand his ways.


I pray for us today that we would humble ourselves so that we can learn God's ways. It takes a humble spirit to acknowledge the need for help. We need God's help in all the things we do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thank God for using you to remind me today that only humble spirit acknowledge the need for help. I am glad that I need God's help in every breath of my life. And to God only be the Glory! Blessed be the Name of the Lord! Maranatha!