Thursday, March 27, 2008

Someone You Should Know!

Michelle with her sisters and brother (now deceased) at the recording.


Jewel - How does your music inspire you?


Michelle - Well, I don't know if my music inspires me so much, but I'll say God definitely inspires me. He'll take an everyday situation and all of a sudden in the quiet, in the stillness of a moment...literally--He will place words and a tune in my heart and mind and it just will keep on coming and flowing. That's what happened when I found my brother dead in my deceased parents living room. After reflecting...it felt so empty, cold, lonely, hopeless...but God--placed His presence and love in the midst of the void and He kept on pouring the words in me. The same happened during on of the last times I saw my dad alive in the hospital...in the hospital bed...where he deteriorated to a sub-vegetated state...God right there flooded my soul with John 14:27 or 26, "Peace I leave with you...not as the world--giveth--give I unto you..."


He gave the melody along with the words instantaneously and I had to literally run out of the E.R. and ask the guard for the location of the hospital's chapel and I found it and hopped on the organ minutes after...so I wouldn't lose the revelation. God gave me the entire song in a matter of 5 minutes...I know it sounds weird, yet it was as if He was giving my dad a last song--to play--before He took him on to glory! Praise God! So I will say the inspiration is from God-Himself and the awesome opportunity He gives me to express His glory in a very tangible manner.


I thank Michelle for taking the time to answer my questions. Her answer were insightful. I don't think it's strange how God inspired her to write her music. I was rejoicing because that is how he does me with my writing. He will take the every day things and show me something. I have to sit down and write it as soon as he gives it to me, not because I'll lose it, but because it will continue to play in my thoughts until I put it on paper. I've sat down and written entire plays in one sitting, because I could not stop the flow of the words. I often tell people, I am just the typist. So again, thank you Michelle. Her current project as she mentioned is to do a musical. We will keep you abreast of the developments of that.

No comments: